The program “Victoria” for rehabilitation after breast cancer
The VICTORIA program is a modern complex model for medical, social and psychological rehabilitation of patients after surgical treatment of breast cancer. It was developed by specialists in physical medicine from "Specialized Hospitals for Rehabilitation - National Complex” EAD, clinical psychologists from the Association of Cancer Patients and Friends (APOZ) and oncologists.
The rehabilitation program lasts ten days and is held in the bases of Specialized Rehabilitation Hospitals – National complex in the towns of Bankya, Banya and Hisarya. The program provides an opportunity for affected women to receive medical treatment, psychological and social rehabilitation for ten days.
- Restoration of motor activity of the affected hand.
- Prevention of lymphatic stasis and its associated consequences.
- Restoration of general motor activity and good condition of the body.
- Providing patients with security and information regarding the disease.
Social and psychological rehabilitation
- Returning to activities of daily living, socialization.
- Psychotherapy- group and individual.
- Outdoor activities.
- Art therapy- drawing, applied arts.
Who can join the program "Victoria”
- Patients after breast cancer surgery, completed active treatment, of adjuvant therapy, the most- early 45 days after surgery, with a healed operative wound.
- Patients with tumor classification in 1 stages, T1-T2, with or without lymphatic dissection-L0-L1, without distant metastases (M0).
Opt-in is provided 10 days since last chemotherapy (if any) and 20 days after the last radiation therapy.
The costs of the program are financed from the state budget, but patients pay extra the amount of 200.00 BGN for the ten-day stay.
See more HERE
For additional information and registration:
Lyubka Angelova, tel: +359 879 815 804
SCHEDULE FOR RECEPTION BY PROGRAM “VICTORIA” FOR 2022 r.
SBR “NK Hisarya”
OCTOBER – 6, 16 and 26;
NOVEMBER – 5, 15 and 25;
DECEMBER – 5.
SBR “NK Banya” – Karlovsko
OCTOBER – 8, 18 and 28;
NOVEMBER – 7, 17 and 27;
DECEMBER – 7.
SBR “NK Bankya”
OCTOBER – 3, 14 and 25;
NOVEMBER – 5, 16 and 27;
DECEMBER – 7.