On 23 September 2021 r. a hybrid information forum was held for patients with advanced breast cancer on the topic “Bone health in breast cancer” on the occasion of the forthcoming World Month to combat this disease.
The forum is aimed at patients, who need twice as much attention, care and awareness. The role of early diagnosis and treatment of metastatic bone disease in the patient's quality of life was discussed, why it is important to stick to the treatment of metastatic bone disease and how to take care of ourselves, how to manage depression and anxiety; as well as concomitant diseases.
Watch the tutorial here Bone Health for Breast Cancer Patients Forum.
Click on the photo, to open the video:
- International Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021- Evgenia Alexandrova, President of the Association of Cancer Patients
- Role of early diagnosis and treatment of metastatic bone disease for quality of life of the patient – с фокус върху лечението и повишаване качеството на живот на пациента – Dr. Elitsa Varbanova, Medical Oncology Clinic, Acibadem City Clinic Mladost
- Why it is important to stick to the treatment of metastatic bone disease? – как да се грижим за себе си и да не прекъсваме лечението – Dr. Antoaneta Tomova, KOC-Plovdiv, Head of the Department of Medical Oncology
- Control of depression and anxiety in patients with metastatic bone disease – техники за справяне – Dr. Margarita Tarein, clinical psychologist, Acibadem City Clinic Mladost and Acibadem City Clinic Tokuda Hospital
- How to make the best use of our time with our treating oncologist or hematologist? – колко важна е комуникацията за изхода от лечението и практически съвети за начина на комуникация – prof. Dr. Assen Dudov, Head of the Clinic of Medical Oncology, Acibadem City Clinic Mladost